Monday, December 10, 2007

Ole Miss student dies before finals

Ole Miss freshman Sean O'Hara died Sunday night at his Sterling apartment. He was found by his girlfirend of two years, Kathryn Powell.

Powell said she found him dead on the floor of his apartment. They were planning to go out to dinner for her 21st birthday.

The cause of O'Hara's death is unknown at this time. He had no known pre-existing condition, Powell said. An autopsy is being conducted to determine the cause of death, Powell said.

"I will always love him, and he will be greatly missed. I feel as if I lost my other half. I still have old notes, pictures, gifts, and the promise ring he gave me," Powell said.

There were no signs of a struggle or any other foul play, said Oxford Police Chief Mike Martin. Calls to Lafayette County coroner Lonnie Weaver have not been returned.